- Next Step Jobs
We’re looking for a best-in-class editor with a wealth of knowledge and experience within the games industry. You’ll also have a passion for social media, with an ear to the ground for all the latest trends, memes and conversation amongst gamers.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll be self-sufficient and provide the editorial vision across multiple clients. Working closely with strategy, you’ll be tasked with delivering a consistency of ideas from concept to execution, and providing or overseeing the provision of superb copy.
You’ll need a keen eye for detail, an understanding of strategic thinking, and the ability to build long-term content plans.
The successful applicant will have:
- 5+ years as an editor, with relevant games industry experience.
- A strong portfolio of prior editorial work including successful campaigns you’ve led.
- In-depth knowledge of best practice across all leading social media platforms.
- Experience building and delivering monthly content plans.
- An immense passion for all things gaming, particularly mobile games and MOBAs.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- UK based
Your duties will be to:
- Attend daily stand ups and manage any resourcing issues that might arise
- Be the lead editorial voice across multiple clients.
- Help plan and deliver monthly content calendars for a variety of games
- Ensure all copy adheres to brand guidelines and TOV docs.
- Line manage multiple staff members.
- Attend client meetings and present concepts to clients.
In return you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a fun, supportive environment.
- To work on big game titles in a fast-paced, exciting and ever-growing agency
- To work alongside extremely passionate digital natives, producing world-class work
- Early-finish Fridays in August & February
- Christmas and summer parties you’ll want to post about
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off
- Volunteer days
- Access to Employee Assistant Programme (EAP)
- Flexible start times
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
Waste is a fan-first creative agency founded in 2006. We connect entertainment brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success. A virtuous circle we call ‘Brands powering fans, powering brands’.
Our clients include the mobile gaming giant, Supercell (Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars) for whom we oversee player acquisition and retention, built around community listening and high-speed, high-quality content creation. We also work with the mighty Nintendo, creating TV, OOH and integrated marketing campaigns, for both hardware and software. Other notable clients include Riot Games (League of Legends), Warner Brothers Games, Sega, Verizon Media and Zynga.
Please apply using the link below. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.